The death of a loved one and the feeling of loss is something that affects everyone at some point in their lives. The resulting grief is a natural reaction and a normal response to the realisation that the person has passed away. Various emotions are likely to be present and most people find that their emotions are heightened and might be very changeable in the initial time period following the death. Funeral advice in Kent from T. Allen Funeral Services can help you through the process and support you on your healing journey.
No Right or Wrong Path
It is important to note that there is no right or wrong way to grieve, as each individual’s experience is unique. Grief and healing are incredibly personal and the process of moving from grieving into healing is not one that can easily be predicted. Some individuals may find comfort in discussing their loss openly, while others might find that coping with grief in private is more beneficial. The important thing is for someone to allow themselves to feel whatever emotions are coming up and not try to shut them off or bottle them up.
Stages of Grief and Healing
It is commonly accepted that there are five stages of grief. However, they are not linear, and people may pass through and back into different stages multiple times.
- Shock/disbelief – Not being able to process that the person is gone.
- Anger – Usually a way of expressing the pain of losing someone significant.
- Sadness – Feelings of loss and wondering how to carry on without the person around.
- Guilt – It is common to feel guilt while attempting to make sense of the loss.
- Acceptance – Coming to terms with the loss and gradually moving forward with life.
Healing happens gradually but there is no timeframe in which it should happen. Planning the funeral can help with the healing process and T. Allen Funeral Services is an expert at supporting people to make funeral arrangements in Kent.
Navigating Loss While Funeral Planning
It is important that you seek support when planning the funeral of a loved one. UK funeral directors T. Allen are experts in grief and healing and will ensure that you are supported to make the necessary decisions at this difficult time. Some ideas to help navigate loss include:
- Accepting emotions and being compassionate towards yourself
- Talking to someone you trust
- Ensure you look after yourself, such as eating, drinking and resting
- Develop healthy coping strategies, such as writing, reading, and spending time in nature
Finding the Right Funeral Services in Kent
If you need funeral advice in the UK or are looking for a funeral director in Medway or Kent, T. Allen is a family run business that will support you to plan a meaningful funeral service that will help you navigate the loss of a l